SMART Objective Setting for Managers by Irial O'Farrell
The annual cycle of objective setting often instills dread in both managers and employees alike as they grapple with designing objectives that will help the individual develop, deepen the team’s capability and deliver the organization’s objectives. Layer on the SMART framework and it can feel like a lot of box-ticking.
But what if you could design SMART objectives that make a real difference to your team’s performance? SMART Objective Setting for Managers is written by a manager for a manager. This book:
– explains the challenges with using SMART with another person
– articulates the different objective types and when to use them
– outlines how to identify objective drivers and aligning people’s motivations to them
– provides a framework for preparing for and structuring objective setting meetings
– examines both the employee’s and the manager’s mindsets
Buy the book, and follow the author on social media:
Irial O’Farrell has over 10 years of management experience and over 25 years of developing other managers and leaders. She’s endlessly fascinated with what makes people tick in the workplace and how best to align people with their organization’s objectives while maximizing performance.
She is a qualified facilitator, execution coach, emotional intelligence and Insights Discovery administrator. She also holds qualifications in organization design and project management. She is an accredited master in change management. She also loves to write…
When she’s not pondering on client challenges, she enjoys running, reading, cooking and travelling.