About New Yorkers: A Feisty People Who Will Unsettle, Madden, Amuse and Astonish You, by Clifford Browder:
Clifford Browder’s New Yorkers is the quirky memoir of a longtime resident who loves his city, a selective glance at that city’s amazing history, and a bit of a travel book, all rolled into one. A fun book, but with some serious moments. It’s for people who love (or hate) the city, and people who live there, and people who have visited or want to visit it. Readers will learn:
• Who New Yorkers are and how they live and die
• How many languages are spoken there (you’d be surprised)
• How many witches there are (you’d be surprised)
• Whose funeral caused an all-day riot
• Why a cemetery offers trolley-car tours and whiskey tastings
• Which flashy modern hotel would-be suicides should avoid at all costs, and why
How the author had an affair with a Broadway chorus boy (if the Cardinal Archbishop of New York could do it, so could he).
New York is the most exciting city in the world. Everyone should know it, at least a little. It’s unique.
Buy the book, and follow the author on social media:
Learn more about the writer. Visit the Author’s Website.
Buy the Book On Amazon.